ECTACO Info | ECTACO® Partner® LUX Upgrade Instructions
Before Updating your ECTACO® Partner® LUX
- Backup ALL the files on your device to your computer as they may get deleted in the update process - you will be able to reload all the files after the update is complete. For example, copy your e-books, music files and pictures that you put into the ECTACO® Partner® LUX to your PC.
- Fully charge the device.
- Prepare a microSD card which has a capacity no less than 4 GB. The card must be formatted using the FAT32 file system.
- Make a folder named sdfuse in the root folder of your microSD card.
Update the Firmware
- Download and unpack the self-extracting archive lux_er_12_07_09.exe. The archive contains seven files.
- Copy the extracted files to the sdfuse folder on your microSD card using a card reader or the SD/microSD card slot in your computer. The card should not include any 3rd party files or folders.
- Insert the microSD card into the device (pins up).
- In order to avoid disruptions during the upgrade, connect your ECTACO® Partner® LUX to a charger.
- Remove the battery compartment cover.
- Press and hold the Esc key on the device. While holding down the Esc key, press & release the RESET button. The Boot Loader menu will appear.
- In the Boot Loader menu, select the System Update command. Note that tapping on the screen has no effect within the Boot Loader. Use the keys.
- You will be asked to confirm your choice. Use the arrow keys to select "YES" and press OK.
The update process will begin. It can take up to 30 minutes, so stay patient and do not press any keys until the update is finished.
- Upon successful completion the device will reboot and you will see the Home Screen.
- Replace the battery compartment cover.